Fox News’ Juan Williams tore into Pres. Donald Trump early Monday with an op-ed piece for The Hill titled, “Trump is feasting on a dying GOP.”
Williams took a critical look at today’s Republican Party. And argued they appear to be on life support. As he described how Trump has damaged them recently while serving his own interests. As the GOP has been plagued by much infighting lately. He asked, “What if this backstabbing among Republicans makes sense to Trump?”
Plus questioned, “What if Trump’s lie that the election was stolen is fatal to the GOP but gives him new life with an infusion of money from the hard-right conspiracy crowd, the most gullible Republicans? Then there is a method to the madness. Here’s the proof that Trump may be on to something.”
Then Williams announced, “Enough Republicans swallowed Trump’s bait to send him more than $170 million in the month after he led them to defeat. That money went to an entity described on the Trump campaign website as the ‘Official Election Defense Fund.’ But according to The Washington Post, “there is no such account.”
As Williams continued, “As one former [Joe] Biden aide told The New York Times, this is ‘plain and simple grift.’ 75 percent of the money goes to new Trump PAC ‘Save America.’ The paper reports that money will pay for things like Trump’s future “staff and travel.” A remaining 25 percent goes to the Republican National Committee.”
He added, “Meanwhile, the GOP in Georgia is struggling to stay alive as a party due to Trump’s attacks.” Which followed Trump’s appearance in the peach state. Williams claimed that Republicans have created this mess.
Conservative site The Bulwark also targeted Trump today. A piece by RealClearPolitics‘ A.B. Stoddard wondered, ‘What If Trump Is Trying To Break the GOP?’ She expressed, ‘The future of the Republican party is an endless series of loyalty tests and Trump family vendettas. Good luck.’
Along with, “Angry and afraid people fighting—over him—is the very top of his hierarchy of needs. It’s his version of self-actualization. And while he may be forced to give up the office of the presidency, he will not give up being at the center of this storm.”
Trump certainly isn’t one to promote unity.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW...